Higher Academic Council
Higher Academic Council of the Program is formed from the most respected and authoritative national and public figures, and also leading specialists in specified professional trends, whose competence, experience and intellectual potential conduce the objective assessment of the importance of the personality in vital activities of our state.
Managing body of High Academic Council is the General Meeting of its members.
General Meeting of Higher Academic Council:
- approves general results of secret ballot for the applicants candidatures for the «Person of the Year» title obtaining in conformity with Program nomination list;
- chooses the Presidium of Higher Academic Council from its members;
- chooses the Head of Higher Academic Council and his Deputy (Deputies) from its members;
- chooses Calculating Commission of Higher Academic Council from its members;
- confirms the rights of the holders of title “Person of the Year” in the instances when the ballot is not taken.
Head of Higher Academic Council:
- manages the meetings of Higher Academic Council;
- signs the decisions of General Meeting of Higher Academic Council;
- represents Higher Academic Council in the mutual relationship between state, public and independent structures, signs appropriate recommendations for them..
Decisions of Higher Academic Council are taken with the majority of votes from the general number of its members at the meeting of General Meeting or at the Presidium meeting with the following written agreement with the relevant number of Higher Academic Council members, necessary for strength of judgment (interview method).
The decisions of Higher Academic Council are taken by open or secret ballot. Higher Academic Council determines the holders of the title «Person of the Year» in conformity with Program nomination list from the number of 3 laureates-applicants with the highest rating based on the results of expert recommendation.
Higher Academic Council makes the decision on the determination of the holders of the title «Person of the Year» in the relevant nominations exceptionally by secret ballot. The quorum for making decisions by secret ballot to determine the holders of the title «Person of the Year» in the relevant nomination makes 2 / 3 of the general number of members of Higher Academic Council.
Higher Academic Council for the organization of secret ballot procedure concerning annual determination of holders of the title «Person of the Year» makes Calculation Commission.
Calculation Commission is elected with the majority of votes at the meeting of General Meeting in number of 3 members for three years. Calculation Commission obligatory encloses the representative of general direction of Program, who is considered to be the member of Higher Academic Council. Calculation Commission elects the Head of Calculation Commission from its members.